Incorporating more veggies in our breakfast meals will ensure that we (1) have plenty of veggies in our diet and (2) help us meet our daily fiber goal.
Below are some instructions recommended by our staff nutritionist on example breakfast meals; be sure to keep reading below!
- As shown in the image below, one option is to sauté your veggies. You can sautée arugula, asparagus, and mushrooms, along with a source of protein, such as lentils, beans, or eggs.
- You can make smoothies by adding greens or other non-starchy veggies.
- Omelets are delicious and diverse breakfast options. Make an omelet by adding greens along with other non-starchy veggies such as bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms.
- You can also try scrambled eggs and veggies.
- Try making sandwiches or wraps as well by adding extra veggies and pairing them with a good source of protein, like eggs with light cheese.
- You can also make avocado toast and load it with extra veggies, such as micro-greens like arugula, coriander, or basil.
No matter what you choose to do, make sure to have fun and trust the process. We know it will be delicious and hope you share your breakfast meals with us as well!